Lean Lamb Stew
- olive oil
- lean lamb leg 400g, trimmed of fat and cut into chunks
- onions 2, diced
- celery 2 sticks, diced
- carrots 200g, diced
- potatoes 350g, peeled and cut into cubes
- bay leaf 1
- pearled barley 3 tbsp
- lamb stock 1 litre
- parsley a small bunch, chopped
- chives ½ a bunch, chopped
- mint a few leaves, chopped
Heat 1 tsp oil in a large casserole dish and fry the lamb in batches until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon, then add the onion, celery, and carrot to the dish. Fry for 5 minutes until softened, then add the browned lamb, potatoes, bay leaf, barley and lamb stock to the dish, and season. Put the lid on the pan and simmer for 1 hour until the lamb is tender. Stir in the herbs to serve.
1 lb. / package
Local Free Range Lamb
Raised without the use of growth Hormones or antibiotics.
Grown and Prepared in Victoria B.C.