Berryman Bacon Cheeseburger Sloppy Joes
1lb Berryman ground beef
3-5 slices of Berryman Double-Smoked Bacon (chopped into 1 inch chunks)
Cheddar or mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp butter
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2-3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 tsp prepared yellow mustard
1 can tomato paste
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tsp brown sugar
1/4 cup Ketchup
salt and pepper to taste
1. Brown beef and chopped bacon in saucepan.
2. Caramelize onions and garlic:
Heat butter in saucepan to low/medium temperature (Don't burn).
Add onions, garlic and a pinch of salt to hot butter.
Stir every 1-2 minutes for 15-20 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
3. Drain fluids from browned beef and bacon.
4. Add caramelized onions and garlic to beef and bacon.
5. Stir in all remaining ingredients to beef and bacon mix.
6. Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes.
7. Toast and butter some buns.
8. Put some meaty-yum mixture on and top with your fave cheese!