Berryman Bros Ultimate Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- I Berryman Bone-in Pork Shoulder Roast (Pork Butt Roast)
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- 2-3 tsp salt
- 2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp of your favourite mild chilli powder
- 4 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of molasses
1. Rub salt and pepper in to the surface of the roast and let stand until sauce is prepared.
Prepare the sauce:
- Caramelize the onions and garlic
- Add water, tomato paste, apple cider and molasses
- stir in remaining spices and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Pour sauce into slow cooker.
3. Gently place Pork Shoulder Roast into the slow cooker with the sauce.
4. Turn on low heat and cook for 6 - 8 hours or until meat shreds apart with ease.
5. Take pork out of sauce and shred with a fork. Remove bone and any undesirable chunks of fat or gristle
6. Skim off excess oil or fat from the sauce in the slow cooker.
7. Add pulled pork back into sauce and serve.
It's the best on a fresh dinner roll. Enjoy!