Turkey & Biscuit Skillet
Leftover turkey is good in pretty much everything! We enjoy our turkey leftovers in soups as well as on our sandwiches (especially topped with a little cranberry jelly)! If you are looking for a left over turkey meal that doesn't feel like leftovers - you have come to the right place! Our Turkey and Biscuit Skillet is savory and saucy - and the perfect use for your turkey leftovers!
TURKEY & BISCUIT SKILLET
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or chicken breast
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots (about 10 ounces), thawed
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, quartered (or make your own)!
- Preheat oven to 400°. Melt butter in a 10-in. cast-iron or other ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms; cook and stir until tender, 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, broth, milk and pepper until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Add the turkey and frozen vegetables; heat through. Arrange biscuits over stew. Bake until biscuits are golden brown, 15-20 minutes.